Wednesday, May 27, 2009

MRI Update

A quick background: a few months ago, I was having constant headaches along with some nausea and dizziness. My doctor suggested I have an MRI done, just to rule out anything weird. Well, what we thought it could possible be did not show up, but something else did. Turns out there is some sort of spot on the very top of my brain. So, we waited 2 months, pretty sure the spot was some sort of inflammation and would go away. I had a repeat MRI last week, and the spot is still there. I met with the neurologist on Tuesday, and he wants me to follow up with a neurosurgeon and possibly have a brain biopsy. The spot could be absolutely nothing, it could have been there forever but just never knew about it, it could be old scar tissue from something long ago. Or it could be a low-grade glioma (brain tumor). The only way to know for sure is to have a brain biopsy done. So I am in the process of getting that scheduled so we can find out!
I know that God is in control and knew about this before we did. My prayer is that it will be nothing, and we can just move on. However, in the process, I pray that God will use me to be a witness for Him in everything that I do.
Thanks for the prayers and the concern. They are much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment